Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 4....Seeing Results!

Going into my fourth week of my 50 week journey now and seeing results is such a feeling of accomplishment. It may not be a huge deal to some, but to me it's feeling great! I'm going to the gym every other day and alternate between upper body and lower body exercises on those days. The main cardio I'm doing is the elliptical but I will be trying out Zumba one of these days.
Changes in 3 weeks
  • Added 10 minutes to my cardio ( that's big for me because I get super bored with cardio)
  • Added 5 lbs. to some of my free weight exercises ( mainly back exercises)
  • Arms are stronger  
  • Can sleep on my side without shoulder pain ( most of the time)
  • Can do squats without knee pain (most of the time)
  • Energy level has increased
  • Sweets cravings are almost gone ( I was so addicted to Erma's custard last summer!)
  • Weight loss is 2 lbs. ( not focusing as much on weight loss right now)





Turkey Taco Salad

  • 1 lb. Lean ground turkey cooked till no longer pink
  • Add 1 small chopped onion
  • Add 1/2 chopped green pepper
  • Cook till veggies are softened, about 5 minutes
  • Add 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 cup frozen corn
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning (or 2 tbls. of homemade)
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3/4 cup homemade enchilada sauce or 3/4 cup of bottled.
  • Simmer all together for about 10 minutes.
  • Spoon into lettuce leaves or bed of greens of choice
  • Add chopped tomato, shredded cheese (I used monterey/pepperjack), lite sour cream, and black olives
Enjoy!



Favorite snack
I keep a baggie full of these or my own combo of unsalted nuts and dried fruit with me at all times. Helps with those emergency hunger attacks! Just a handful will curb the beast!
Worried about the fat in the nuts? Read this and it may relieve some fear.......Healthy fats






This cracked me up! it's so true!







Raspberry Kiwi Banana Smoothie
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 small kiwi peeled
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/2 cup no fat plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 scoop ground flax
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 scoop ground Chia seeds
  • Blend and enjoy!!







I'm not a runner yet but one of my goals is to add running to my cardio. Due to a severely broken ankle in 2008 I now have a plate, screws and pins holding it together. I'm fortunate that it healed very well and I have good mobility but I was extremely vitamin D deficient at the time and didn't know it, so I believe this was the cause for the severity of the break. Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D ladies!



What I'm up to when I'm not blogging, kayaking or hiking .... My Website






Happy Journey,


~Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment