Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 5......Memorial Weekend

 Spent Memorial Day kayaking the Flint River at Holloway Dam. Got a great upper body workout while paddling upstream on the way back....Next time we'll take two vehicles so we can check out more of it. 
Got to play with three orphaned baby skunks. They were the cutest things ever, I just wanted to take one home.



Back To Reality

After eating picnic foods and playing all weekend it's back to the gym! Only gained 1 lb. so I guess that's not too bad considering the two helpings of the most delicious potato salad I ever ate, yummy Polish kielbasa, and a few adult beverages ; )    So far on this fitness journey I've gained endurance and strength, now it's time to get serious about losing those last few pounds. 
  




Shedding The Belly Fat




Non-Dairy Broccoli - Sweet Potato Soup
This is a delicious and healthy soup that is creamy without the cream. I used sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes and added more of the veggies. 




Quinoa and Roasted Veggies

This was my first time cooking with Quinoa and it was amazing

1.Cooked the Quinoa in low sodium vegetable broth and then added toasted pine nuts (make sure to rinse Quinoa before cooking). 

2.Roasted zucchini, summer squash, sweet potato, asparagus and green onions tossed in olive oil, curry powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and pepper for about 20 minutes. 

3.Plated the Quinoa, spooned the roasted veggies on top, squeezed a little lemon over all and grated Romano cheese on top. 

I will be using Quinoa (pronounced Keen-Wah) in place of rice from now on and am looking forward to creating some delicious dishes with this wonder food.











I remind myself of this quote every time I'm on the elliptical!



Happy Journey,

~ Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment