Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Week 6......The Great Outdoors!

Just Finished this 4' x 5' painting for a client. Looks like a place I would enjoy kayaking. 





Went to Argo Park in Ann Arbor to kayak the beautiful Huron river on Sunday. I'm so excited and looking forward to our big trip to Pictured Rocks in August to kayak Lake Superior, we might hit the Porcupine Mountains also on that same trip for some great Michigan waterfalls.




*




Core Strengthening for better Balance
I found this site showing some great exercises for strengthening your core. ....so important for  hiking.
Core Training




*




Fruit and Nuts Chicken Salad
I just made a mayo free chicken salad with my favorite ingredients....fruit and nuts!

2 cups of chopped cooked chicken
1 cup of seedless grapes sliced
1 pear or apple diced
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 stalk of celery diced
1 green onion diced

Dressing
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs. seedless blackberry jam
1 Tbs. honey mustard
1/2 Tsp. Stevia
salt and pepper to taste
Whisk in a separate bowl and pour over Chicken salad


*



Substitution Chart
I was recently looking for a substitute for mayo in a recipe and came across this great site for all kinds of ingredient substitutions....Chart






*




My Newest Favorite Wine
I've been trying to drink more red wine lately and found this one at Meijer on sale for $6.99, you can't beat it. Mellow, slightly sweet and very easy to drink.







Happy Journey,

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment