Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Week 8......Eating healthy during summer

It's not easy to eat healthy with all the summer get togethers and outdoor eateries (especially when my fav is Mexican), so I find myself ordering the healthiest things I can and only eating half the order, saving the rest for lunch the next day. It's working great for not only my waistline but my wallet too!





Chinese Fried Quinoa
I love Chinese fried rice and now I can eat it guilt free using Quinoa.....it really does taste like the real thing....I think even better! The only thing I swapped was the Quinoa for the brown rice and I used olive oil.....Recipe





Soft Protein Cookies
I mixed up a healthy batch of soft protein cookies to eat after my workouts. They aren't overly sweet but they are really yummy! They would be great for breakfast too, but I still love my smoothies for breakfast.

3 ripe mashed bananas
1/3 cup all natural peanut butter
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup craisins
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 T cinnamon
1 T Stevia
Mix all ingredients together. Spoon the dough by tablespoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool and serve. Leftovers can be frozen.


Salmon with Cashews &Yogurt Sauce
This recipe was really simple yet tasted like a gourmet meal. I paired it with a side salad and melon....Yummy!
1 serving of Salmon, salt, pepper and garlic powder placed in a foil pouch with a drizzle of olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, open pouch and broil for 5 more minutes.
While fish is cooking mix together in a bowl:
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 Tbls. finely diced red onion
2 Tbls. lemon juice
2 Tbls. chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tsp. of dried.
1/2 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper to taste
In a dry saute pan toast 2 Tbls. of chopped raw cashews till lightly brown. Set a side.
Plate salmon, put a dollop of yogurt sauce on top and sprinkle with cashews.....Enjoy!




Lazy Girl Exercises

I love that these can be done at home or when you're out and about.......





Clean Eating Zucchini Bread

This recipe is super moist and not overly sweet. I added the walnuts on top for some added protein and crunch. It made two medium loaf pans and only baked for 45 minutes instead of the 50-60 minutes, I also used pumpkin spice and cinnamon instead of the nutmeg because I didn't have it on hand. I may add some raisins or dried cranberries next time, but it was Delish as is! Hope you try it and enjoy!







I'm so blessed to love my job...   http://debbysinteriorartwork.com/




Happy Journey,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment