Seriously, is there anything more funny than monkeys riding dogs???
More summertime festivals in Michigan! As long as I avoid the popcorn and cotton candy it's all good! This was the Stars and Stripes festival in Mt.Clemens. Great music too!
No More Diet Drinks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil ( I didn't have any and it was still delish, cilantro would be yummy too)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Stevia (or sugar)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Whisk all together and add to cooked quinoa and veggies.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Had a craving for something sweet so I whipped up a chocolate/peanut butter smoothie:
1/2 frozen banana
tablespoon natural peanut butter
tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa
unsweetened almond milk
non fat plain Greek yogurt
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
Healthy Skillet Pasta
"Almost skillet lasagna"
1/2 box of whole wheat pasta (whatever you have on hand, but if using lasagna noodles break into pieces)
cook as directed on box, drain and set aside.
In a large skillet add 1 teaspoon olive oil, onion and garlic. I used 1/2 a medium red onion and two cloves of chopped garlic.
Saute till tender and add veggies. I used 2 small yellow squash diced, 1 cup diced carrots, 1/2 red pepper diced.
saute till tender.
Add 2 tablespoons of basil pesto (store bought or homemade).
1 can of diced tomatos with green chiles (gives a nice kick)
1 Jar of favorite pasta sauce (or homemade)
1/2 container of low fat ricotta cheese, stir well till combined.
Add mozzarella and Parmesan ( I used about 1/2 cup each)
Stir, serve and enjoy!