Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 11....Kicking it in Gear!

Kicking it in Gear with a new Ab workout





Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal bars

BEWARE...........These are sinfully delicious!!!

  • 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup   honey
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks (I used a bar of Ghirardelli dark 72% cocoa)
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries chopped
  • 1/2 cup of chopped nuts ( I will be adding them to mine next time)
What to do:
1.  Melt  the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey in a pot over medium to low heat, stirring constantly.  Turn off the burner when melted.
2.  Pour in the cup of oats and the ground flax seed.  Stir till combined.
3.  Stir in the coconut and dark chocolate. Stir till chocolate is melted. 
4.  Pour into foil-lined 8 X 8 pan and stick in the fridge.
5. Once cooled cut into squares and store in air tight container in fridge.
The photo looks like they're large bars but I actually cut them in 2" squares and only ate one a day 
( ok, maybe two). It was just enough to curb the "Sweet Beast" !








I've been doing a lot of research lately on coconut oil and it's benefits over other oils and butter. I'm giving it a try and so far it's working out well replacing recipes that call for butter. I'm also going to add a tablespoon to my smoothies in the morning. Here's one link with many uses for it....very interesting: Coconut oil


 Greek Yogurt Conversions 








Cool Clean Lunch

It's been so hot lately all I want is cold food so I whipped up what I had in the fridge and this is what I came up with....


The green bean and tomato salad recipe: ( my tomatoes were orange)

The cucumber salad recipe:
1 Large cucumber sliced
 1/2 cup cider vinegar
3 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs honey
 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
 2 dashes of cayenne pepper
Watermelon:
Cut up and serve







I want to be in the first row when I'm that age!







Happy Journey,
Deb
My Website

No comments:

Post a Comment